Monday, August 15, 2011

Best way to learn about Servers and Networks?

Okay. I am not completely new to IT. I am CompTIA A+ certified and I have knowledge of Networks and Some about Servers. However most jobs I apply for wants guys with ACTUAL server/network knowledge or hands on exp. Anyway to get my feet wet with these areas? I ask employers if they will hire me to do basic PC work and If I can work with Network Admins but they don't want to bother with me. I have VMware and installed Windows 2003, But how can I use Static IP with it and for some reason I can't make my OS communicate with another. I know some of these questions seem "obvious" but I would like a Vets Advice.I live in NYC anyone know of apprentice programs that an employer may have? Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment