Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Culturally Hypocritical: Why don't the right people get branded "sellouts"?

I don't believe in calling someone a sellout just because everyone chooses to live their life a certain way. I can't really relate to seeing things in the ghetto because I never grew up in that type of area but I can say, it bothers me when I see people not doing anything with their life. I think one of the main problems with the black race is that we don't stick together how other races do.it's like the crab barrel effect, one comes close to climbing up and out and other just pulls him back down. Most black owned businesses don't get enough support from their own people. The people on welfare do need to get a job, and yes the people on the streets do need to do something with their life but at the same rate, if they didn't grow up with the right direction, who's going to tell them to do that? those people that are like that, were lacking something in their childhood and need someone to help them. It's an on list of problems that lead into another, if parents were parents and raised their children the right way then maybe they would all be in school. I'm not trying to say all black people are like this because I know that I'm not and I know that so many others aren't either, there are many good black role models and successful black people. I think we need to eliminate the word sell out from our vocabularies and instead try to help each other

No comments:

Post a Comment