Monday, August 15, 2011

I'm 16 and going to be 17 a couple of months and my parents treat me like i'm a kid.?

Ok so right now i'm 16 and pretty close to 17, I ride a bmx bike which i have put around �500 into and do a little bit of street and dirt. I have been doing this for a few months now. Last year i was riding home and i fell off my bike because my trousers got caught in by chain or something and i nearly fractured my arm. Ever since then my mum has become over protective of me riding and makes me wear a helmet whenever i ride, (even if its just outside the house!) and when it gets dark i have to put lights on my bike. It makes me feel really stupid and embarrased and i wish i could just have the freedom to ride without these restrictions. I can ride perfectly fine, i stop at roads and wait for cars to go by, use my brakes, everything i'm supposed to. It's like she has no trust in me and worries about me too much. My mate can ride whenever he likes without helmet or lights and he rides soo carelessly. I have tried talking to her before about this but she didn't listen, she says that if someone else driving carelessly knocks me over then its not something i could of stopped happening and i could get injured or become a vegetable (which i know is true but i havn't been hit by a car before and i am so careful when i ride). She said that she won't stop not letting me ride without a helmet. Sometimes i get really frustrated and even depressed because i feel that i am being held back and have to spend a lot of my day in my bedroom, which she complains that i spend too much time doing even though she gives me reasons why i don't want to go outside. I'm pretty sure that when i'm 18 my parents can't have much say on my actions and i can't wait for that age, but its too far away. So i'm planning on talking to her again and need some good advice and please can no one tell me that i shoud obey my parents or should ride with a helmet or lights because i'm sick of this. They should be my decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment