Sunday, August 14, 2011

Honeywell motorised valve V4043H1056- Is operation correct ?.?

I have a Honeywell V4043H1056 motor valve governing use of the hot water supply on a fully pumped central heating system. It recently failed to operate + I had to use the manual switch to obtain hot water via the c/heating facility.Even with both c/heating + h/water switched OFF, the boiler would operate when I made use of the manual switch to either the CH. or HW The manual had plenty of "slack" + was not under any pressure at the "off" position, indicating that the valve might well be seized to some extent.I removed the powerhead and found that the valve spindle would turn (quite easily with hand pressure only), but for about 1/8th of 1 revolution and no further I applied W40 and gentle pressure in an effort to release the spindle further. After this treatment it became very free and revolved either way with hand pressure but WITHOUT ANY STOPS.. I cannot now switch off the valve+ have constant hot water. Can anyone tell me the correct spindle movement for the valve ?. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment